Getting yourself to a place of organizational bliss does not have to be stressful or time consuming. Get started with these eight easy tips.
- Put items that you use on a daily basis within reach and store everything else away.
- Purchase a good filing cabinet. Use hanging file folders to start a filing system that works for you.
- Try a colour coding system for e-mails, files, etc. Choose colours that evoke an emotion like green for finances.
- Use a digital calendar to keep track of any and all appointments. Don’t separate your personal from your work schedule so as to not double-book yourself.
- Never just place trash down and say you’ll get to it later. Chances are you won’t so do yourself a favor and just throw it in the garbage.
- Do you tend to be a sticky note hoarder? Try putting notes all on one page in a notebook so you can streamline yourself to one place.
- Take advantage of boring, blank walls by hanging corkboards or covering a wall with chalkboard paint to add some flair.
- At the end of each workday fix up your desk and put things away. When you come in the next day, you will have a clean workspace that will help to give you positive outlook to start your day.