This month, we celebrate Earth Day. At our offices, we’ve been talking about what that means in the modern workplace. How can businesses and institutions meet all of their needs — between office supplies and reliable electronics — while churning out less waste?
We’ve told you before about motivating your employees and coworkers to go green. But today, we’ve got a simpler task: go green with some of your office supplies. It’s a no-brainer switch that will make a huge dent in your office’s ecological footprint. And the best part? It doesn’t involve convincing Karen from accounting to change her wasteful habits.
If you still aren’t convinced, check out just how big a change this small shift can make:
- One tonne of recycled paper saves 7000 gallons of water, 3 cubic yards of landfill space, 410 kilowatt hours of electricity and over a tonne of wood
- One tonne of recycled plastic saves over 16 barrels of oil, 30 cubic yards of landfill space and nearly 6000 kilowatt hours of electricity
- If you think these numbers sound lofty, think again. The average North American uses between 500 and 700 pounds of paper products every year. That equals about one tonne every four years.
- Using recycled paper helps preserve forests by putting less demand on wood production
- Using recycled office materials — from metal to paper and plastic — reduces solid waste being diverted to landfills
Ready to make a change? Check out some of the recycled products available in this month’s flyer to see just how easy and affordable to it is to make the switch.