Work makes up a large part of our everyday lives. Whether you’re in a cubicle or the corner office, having a personalized work area can help us become happier, healthier and more productive according to a recent study featured in a Big Think article. Plus adding a personal touch can help us feel more comfortable and relaxed at work.
So, how can you spruce up your area to achieve a personal vibe? Below is a summary from Reader’s Digest on creative ways to personalize your workspace:
- Add colour to your walls using craft paper or colourful fabric
- Create a “fake window”: put up a picture of an inspiring landscape or ocean view
- Add low-maintenance plants for better air purification and colour
- Accessorize your workspace with framed photos, sculptures or inspiration quotes
- Improve your lighting with desk lamps suited to your space
- Be organized! Staying tidy can help bring out your accessories
- Make it inviting by having a candy dish full of healthy treats
- Digitize: put a custom wallpaper on your desktop if you spend a lot of time in front of a computer
These are just some of the ways that a desk can be personalized. We would love to hear some of your ideas in the comment section below!